Saturday 19 October 2013

National Seafood Bisque Day! Product Review: Olde Cape Cod GarlicShrimp & Tomato Bisque


Wanted to celebrate by making my own from scratch, but had a busy day.  Had to settle for picking up a can at Payless.  So killing two birds with one stone.  I celebrate and do a product review at the same time.

Location: Payless, Micro Mall
Price: $4.49
Rating: 1 plate out of 5

I had high hopes for this bisque.  I've had bisque at restaurants before which set my standards high.  This came nowhere near them.  It tasted like watered down tomato soup.  It had chunks of tomatoes and bits of garlic.  It also had this dark colored meaty bits, I assumed were supposed to be shrimp.  They tasted more like ground beef.  At almost $5 a can, I could have used the money to buy a bowl of real soup at a restaurant.  I rated it at -1 out of 5 plates.  In a two word summary: Never Again.  Happy National Seafood Bisque Day!